Any experience of Zoom IQ mics for iPhone?

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
MarcusR
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Any experience of Zoom IQ mics for iPhone?

Post by MarcusR »

Hi!
I’m about to buy one of the Zoom IQ-series microphones for iPhone/iPad and was curious to know if anyone had experience with them for recording sessions?
https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/handy-r ... ophone-ios

Best regards,

MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!
Tor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Any experience of Zoom IQ mics for iPhone?

Post by Tor »

The link says the mics are the same as those used in their standalone H2n/ H4n recorders. Those recorders ard pretty good. It's an unknown (to me) how they will perform when attached to an iPhone, but that base section seems to be a subset of the H4n recorder so maybe it'll work fine. As with the standalone units the main issue is to get the sensitivity adjusted correctly. That part of the H2/4n recorders isn't very sophisticated.
MarcusR
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Re: Any experience of Zoom IQ mics for iPhone?

Post by MarcusR »

Thanks for your input Tor!
And my apologies for the late reply as I’m not that frequent on the forum.

I ended up borrowing a H2 from a friend and solved the issue this time around but I’m still interested to get one of the Zoom IPhone mics. Just seem so convenient as they are small in size and you always have your phone with you.
I’ll post a review of some sort in this thread when I bough one. If anyone else beats me to it, feel free to share your experience.

Best regards,

MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!