Gaelic Font for engraving

Tá Failte Romhat! For all conversation about the Irish language. Scots Gaelic discussion welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for people who are interested in the Irish language and various Celtic languages to discuss them, to practice them, and to share information about them, particularly (but not exclusively) in the context of traditional music and culture.

This is not a "translation forum," per se, though translation requests may occasionally be honored at the discretion of the moderators. If you're seeking a one-time translation for something like a tattoo, engraving, wedding vow, or other such purpose, we strongly recommend that you visit our friends at ILF: http://irishlearner.awyr.com
tritaffy
antispam: No

Gaelic Font for engraving

Post by tritaffy »

Was wondering could anyone in UK/Ireland help. I would like to have a gaelic inscription engraved on to the brass of my [uilleann pipes] stock. I really like the old type gaelic font. Anyone know where this can be done ? I've had a quick google and come up empty so far.

cheers

Mei
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Gaelic Font for engraving

Post by MTGuru »

I don't know much about this ... But I'd think that a good commercial-quality Gaelic typeface, a good Irish Bunchló or Seanchló, would be a start. Some engravers might be able to transfer the font directly to the engraving, or use a printed sample as a template or model. You can Google "cló Gaelach" and follow some of the links.

Don't know if that's helpful ...

P.S. I'll copy this to our Irish Language forum, so check there for possible answers, too.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.