Tá mé ar ais ón Deireadh Seachtaine Gaeltachta San Francisco

Tá Failte Romhat! For all conversation about the Irish language. Scots Gaelic discussion welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for people who are interested in the Irish language and various Celtic languages to discuss them, to practice them, and to share information about them, particularly (but not exclusively) in the context of traditional music and culture.

This is not a "translation forum," per se, though translation requests may occasionally be honored at the discretion of the moderators. If you're seeking a one-time translation for something like a tattoo, engraving, wedding vow, or other such purpose, we strongly recommend that you visit our friends at ILF: http://irishlearner.awyr.com
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Tá mé ar ais ón Deireadh Seachtaine Gaeltachta San Francisco

Post by Redwolf »

Bhí an Deireadh Seachtaine Gaeltachta in San Francisco go hiontach ar fad! Bhí mé sa ceithre rang i mbliana (an rang is airde), agus d'oibríomar leis an modh coinníolach agus an saorbhriathar, sa comhthéacs cainte theibí, den chuid is mó. Obair chrua a bhí ann, ach ba obair iontach sásúil í!

A Avanutria...an chuimhin leat Colette Nic Dhaibhéid ó Oideas Gael? Múinteoir an dara ranga a bhí intí. Ní raibh go leor daoine ann i mbliana céad rang a dhéanamh (bhí cúpla tosaitheoirí ann, ach cuireadh sa dara rang iad).

Bhí seisiúin againn sna oícheanta, agus damhsaí céilithe ar nós Oideas Gael. Uair amháin, bhí mé ag seinm "Plancstaí Irwin" ar mo chláirseach, agus thosaigh roinnt daoine válsa a rince...bhain mé an-sult as sin (is aoibhinn liom bheith ag seinm do rinceoirí).

Más féidir leat, a Avanutria, ba chóir duit an Deireadh Seachtaine a fhreastail an bhliain seo chugainn (nó aon duine eile atá grá aige/aicí don theanga). Ba bhreá leat í!

I'm back from the San Francisco Deireadh Seachtaine Gaeltachta

The Deireadh Seachtaine Gaeltachta (Irish Language Immersion Weekend) in San Francisco was wonderful! I was in the fourth class this year (the highest class), and we worked with the conditional mode and the autonomous verb form, in the context of abstract speech, for the most part. It was hard work, but very satisfying work!

Avanutria...do you remember Colette Mac David from Oideas Gael? She was the teacher for the second class. There weren't enough people this year to make up a first class (there were a couple of beginners there, but they were put into the second class).

We had sessions in the evening, and céilí dances as at Oideas Gael. Once I was playing "Planxty Irwin" on my harp and some people started to dance a waltz...I really enjoyed that (I love playing for dancers).

If you can, Avanutria (or anyone else who loves the language), you ought to come to the Deireadh Seachtaine next year. You'd love it!
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Re: Tá mé ar ais ón Deireadh Seachtaine Gaeltachta San Francisco

Post by avanutria »

Ba mhaith liom ag dul go é! Feicfidh mé mó 'circumstances' ansin.
An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!