Took the leap

Tá Failte Romhat! For all conversation about the Irish language. Scots Gaelic discussion welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for people who are interested in the Irish language and various Celtic languages to discuss them, to practice them, and to share information about them, particularly (but not exclusively) in the context of traditional music and culture.

This is not a "translation forum," per se, though translation requests may occasionally be honored at the discretion of the moderators. If you're seeking a one-time translation for something like a tattoo, engraving, wedding vow, or other such purpose, we strongly recommend that you visit our friends at ILF: http://irishlearner.awyr.com
Thomaston
antispam: No

Took the leap

Post by Thomaston »

This will be here Tuesday, according to Amazon:

I'm looking forward to getting started!
Thomaston

Re: Took the leap

Post by Thomaston »

Hmm, img tags are correct, not sure why it won't show up. Anyway, a direct link:
http://www.amazon.com/Spoken-World-Iris ... =8-1-spell
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Brilliant!

If we can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask over at the Irish Learners' Forum (ILF): www.irishlearner.awyr.com. We love helping beginners, and we're a fun group besides (we're always coming up with games and such to help us improve our Irish)

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Denny

Post by Denny »

Thomaston wrote:Hmm, img tags are correct, not sure why it won't show up.
nope, you img tagged the page not the image.

I don't think box.com wants you to be able to direct link to a picture stored there...
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

Thanks Redwolf! I plan on submitting my registration to the site soon.
One thing I have to benefit me is 2 people in my session that are both fluent. One is an actual Irishman (from Cork) that is here teaching history at the local university, and another guy that's local but has been studying for years and has gone through some immersion programs in Ireland.

I'll be honest, I'm apprehensive about the entire endeavor. Despite 2 years of Latin in high school (15 years ago!) I'm completely monolingual. This will be a real challenge.