Níl mo chara ag foghlaim Gaeilge :(

Tá Failte Romhat! For all conversation about the Irish language. Scots Gaelic discussion welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for people who are interested in the Irish language and various Celtic languages to discuss them, to practice them, and to share information about them, particularly (but not exclusively) in the context of traditional music and culture.

This is not a "translation forum," per se, though translation requests may occasionally be honored at the discretion of the moderators. If you're seeking a one-time translation for something like a tattoo, engraving, wedding vow, or other such purpose, we strongly recommend that you visit our friends at ILF: http://irishlearner.awyr.com
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Níl mo chara ag foghlaim Gaeilge :(

Post by avanutria »

Tá cara agam i m'oifig. Is Éireannach í. Ach ní labhraíonn sí Gaeilge anois. Níl muinín aici. Duirt sí (as Bearla), "Níl Gaeilge agam. Níl aon dóígh ar féidir liom labhairt é. Níl cleachtadh agam."

Beidh mé go rang nua na Gaeilge i Londain sa Mean Fómhair. Beidh rang eile ann freisin. Is rang tosaitheoir an rang eile. Ach níor mhaith mo chara go an rang sin. Níl fhios agam cén fáth. Gach seachtaine, dúirt mo chara "Tá Gaeilge mór agat. Ba mhaith liom Gaeilge agam freisin." Ach níor mhaith léi dul go rang nua...cén fáth?

Is mian liom labhair as Gaeilge le duine éigin... :(

Aistriúchán (translation) seo:

I have a friend in my office. She is Irish. But she doesn't speak Irish now. She has no confience. She told me (in English), "I don't speak Irish. I cannot possibly speak it. I have no practice."

I'll be going to a new Irish class in London in September. There will be another class too. The other class is a beginner class. But my friend doesn't want to go to it. I don't know why. Every week, my friend says "You've got great Irish. I would like to speak Irish too." But she doesn't want to go to the class...why?

I wish to speak Irish with someone... :(
An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!