Irish keyboard question

Tá Failte Romhat! For all conversation about the Irish language. Scots Gaelic discussion welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for people who are interested in the Irish language and various Celtic languages to discuss them, to practice them, and to share information about them, particularly (but not exclusively) in the context of traditional music and culture.

This is not a "translation forum," per se, though translation requests may occasionally be honored at the discretion of the moderators. If you're seeking a one-time translation for something like a tattoo, engraving, wedding vow, or other such purpose, we strongly recommend that you visit our friends at ILF: http://irishlearner.awyr.com
Cork
antispam: No

Re: Irish keyboard question

Post by Cork »

Nanohedron wrote:I m PC usr. I cn haz to use teh karicktr mapz. Oh wellz.
I'd bet, however, that even a PC spellchecker would go off along with that statement. lol

Not to spam anybody, here, but after my having gone all around the e-world on this now 27 month old Mac computer, it continues to function near flawlessly, and the occasional updates are brief and painless. Go Mac!

However, it seems that the Mac world is waiting for the new OS X version known as "Snow Leopard", due by this July or so.
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cork wrote:
I'd bet, however, that even a PC spellchecker would go off along with that statement. lol

Not to spam anybody, here, but after my having gone all around the e-world on this now 27 month old Mac computer, it continues to function near flawlessly, and the occasional updates are brief and painless. Go Mac!

However, it seems that the Mac world is waiting for the new OS X version known as "Snow Leopard", due by this July or so.
As Gaeilge, más é do thoil é. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Cork

Post by Cork »

Nanohedron wrote:
Cork wrote:

As Gaeilge, más é do thoil é. :wink:
Ah, yes, and thank you for reminding me that it's time for me to get back to my homework.

Catch y'all on the flipside!
pipewatcher
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pipewatcher »

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306560#top
i found this it was a little frustrating because i'm not very good at this computer stuff, but success was mine, and now i can do this, á, é, í, ó, ú !and also this: ä Ë ï ö ü, and sometimes thisLý ÿ , all kinds of cool stuff€¡²³¤€¼½¾‘’¥×äåé®þüúíóáßðø¶¶ñ©æ
FINALLY! i have Vista and it still worked a few of the steps are slightly different. Also although i've been no this site for awhile I didn't know about this gaeilge board 'til today. i think it's great! Slán Agaibh
pipewatcher

"There's a passenger aboard that train who hasn't got on yet!"
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Excellent, maith thú, agus fáilte. :)
An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!