testing to see if I can post a picture from facebook

You can come in here and play around until you get the hang of forum posts. It's unlikely you'll be yelled at.
UncleChuck
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested in making whistles. I have been doing it for years, and I have finally started to get good at it.

testing to see if I can post a picture from facebook

Post by UncleChuck »

UncleChuck
Tell us something.: I am interested in making whistles. I have been doing it for years, and I have finally started to get good at it.

Re: testing to see if I can post a picture from facebook

Post by UncleChuck »

Yep. seems to work.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Nope, or it's gone now, or perhaps can only be viewed by FB friends, not the public.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

kkrell wrote:or perhaps can only be viewed by FB friends, not the public.
Or at least you, the Chiffboard clicker, need to be logged into FB. Which, incredibly enough, not everyone is. :wink:
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

MTGuru wrote:
kkrell wrote:or perhaps can only be viewed by FB friends, not the public.
Or at least you, the Chiffboard clicker, need to be logged into FB. Which, incredibly enough, not everyone is. :wink:
No, it didn't work even when I WAS logged into FB.
"This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Ah, well. Thanks, Kevin.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
UncleChuck

Post by UncleChuck »

That's what I was afraid of. Guess I will have to do something else. Sorry.
kkrell

Post by kkrell »

UncleChuck wrote:That's what I was afraid of. Guess I will have to do something else. Sorry.
Sure it was posted for Public view? I'm not logged in, but can see this, can you? Also may depend on what view you have of the photo, whether the URL you copied is an individual view, or as a slide in a gallery.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Code: Select all

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=230889668423&set=pb.198502778423.-2207520000.1377474153.&type=3&theater
This one's from my personal profile:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1100362915262&set=pb.1412367331.-2207520000.1377474498.&type=3&theater
With this last one, you can browse pretty much all my photos, apparently (using Prev & Next), even with the comments, without being logged in or having a FB account yourself. Note that it has an area at the top where you can Sign Up or Log in to FB if you want, but it's not necessary.
Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Post by Sirchronique »

I'm logged into facebook and can see both of kkrell's photos, but I can not see the photo in the original post. It gives me the same error message.
UncleChuck

Post by UncleChuck »

I double checked that I have posted my picture as "public". Just to double check, try this one:
https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho ... 6589_n.jpg
kkrell

Post by kkrell »

UncleChuck wrote:I double checked that I have posted my picture as "public". Just to double check, try this one:
https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho ... 6589_n.jpg
Yes, can see it just fine, as you linked directly to the .jpg, but it looks as if you can't actually embed the image from that host within a message.

[img]https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/64432_10200547043502459_166246589_n.jpg[/img]
UncleChuck

Post by UncleChuck »

It seems to have worked here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94763&p=1119033#p1119033

These images are pretty large. I hate to tie up someone's dialup line for the next 2 days, just to display a couple of pictures. :lol: