Emoticon Emancipation Zone

You can come in here and play around until you get the hang of forum posts. It's unlikely you'll be yelled at.
I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Re: Emoticon Emancipation Zone

Post by I.D.10-t »

Now that we are in the basement where none can see...

Mute, how long have you had that avatar? It seems more than a month. I hate to say it, but...
...it just seems more than a month and you haven't changed it.
You use to change it when the month changed. What happened?
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

I've settled on this avatar and this signature. They're me. I see the world in shapes and colors. My vision wasn't the best as a child and although eyeglasses were a revelation, once I saw things that way it stuck. I still like looking at blinking Christmas trees and street lights in the rain without my glasses. My friends have always said that I don't need to drop acid. The quote is from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, a great movie with a most positive message.

Now tell these two imperialist capitalists that not only are they holding emoticons in bondage, their souls are rotting from their insolence and impertinence.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Denny

Post by Denny »

I.D.10-t wrote:
Denny wrote:so many smileys.....

Where is the "Thank you sir, may I have another!" smiley?
That was an opening, a prelude.....sheesh

yer not big on foreplay are ya :really:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

mutepointe wrote:Hey Nano, you sound a bit cowardly when you say, "You do it, Denny."
It's called courtesy, manners, and hospitality. Perhaps you've heard of them.
mutepointe wrote:Now tell these two imperialist capitalists that not only are they holding emoticons in bondage, their souls are rotting from their insolence and impertinence.
In the spirit of the previous quote, go do it yourself. By the way, you should be charging us merely with rudeness and/or insensitivity; one can only be insolent or impertinent to one's superior or, in a pinch, an equal, and so, well, your friends are right: you don't need to drop acid. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

#10, the time of Lu, or "Treading". Six in the third place.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

ah dear....I think the 1st wife used my yarrow sticks for something....would'a been 'bout 83....hasn't been the same
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Nanohedron wrote:
mutepointe wrote:Hey Nano, you sound a bit cowardly when you say, "You do it, Denny."
It's called courtesy, manners, and hospitality. Perhaps you've heard of them.
mutepointe wrote:Now tell these two imperialist capitalists that not only are they holding emoticons in bondage, their souls are rotting from their insolence and impertinence.
In the spirit of the previous quote, go do it yourself. By the way, you should be charging us merely with rudeness and/or insensitivity; one can only be insolent or impertinent to one's superior or, in a pinch, an equal, and so, well, your friends are right: you don't need to drop acid. :wink:
I don't see how you can call getting Denny to spank me manners. You'll have to rethink that one Nano.

I invited Idiot to join me in calling you two to let my emoticons go. I had already been involved in this pursuit for a few pages already.

Even your own statement dismisses our comparitive standing. All men are born equal. That doesn't mean that all men remain equal.

No one needs to drop acid, at least you're heading down the right path on that one.

(Is there any chance that you as a Moderator can combine the two threads as they relate to your abuse of emoticons as chattel? I love the word chattel. I use it all the time. I'm surprised I didn't use it earlier in my argument. I must have been saving that big gun. I had to look up abecedary.)
白飞梦
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

mutepointe wrote: I don't see how you can call getting Denny to spank me manners.
Would you kids just get a room and hook up already! There's no need to be embarrassed. These days a threesome is practically normal, anyway.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Denny

Post by Denny »

practically normal...I think thats as close as I've ever gotten to normal :D :thumbsup:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

mutepointe wrote:I don't see how you can call getting Denny to spank me manners. You'll have to rethink that one Nano.
No, no. Manners toward Denny. DENNY. You weren't even in the equation. Is it always about you?
mutepointe wrote:That doesn't mean that all men remain equal.
So, we understand each other. Good.
mutepointe wrote:(Is there any chance that you as a Moderator can combine the two threads as they relate to your abuse of emoticons as chattel?...)
I don't know, I'm kind of liking the two-headed lopsidery we have going on at the moment. Which, I might point out, YOU started. Far be it from me to trample your flower garden.
mutepointe wrote:I love the word chattel. I use it all the time.
A fellow who knows the value of the word "chattel" is unfailingly all right in my book (true, I haven't colored all the pages in, yet), but using it all the time? Not so much. Kinda creepy, actually, if you think about it. I might go so far as to offer you the option of counseling. :wink:

Note how nuance is reinforced, emphasised, and left to no misinterpretation (by those whose eyes are connected to their reason, anyway) in the judicious use of such "chattel".
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Yes, it is always about me.

I did not start things in the other thread. Denny did by the abuse of an emoticon. Your eyes easily overlook vile bondage you continue and condone. Do you not wonder what other lessons you may learn from your betters?

All the other stuff you wrote sure was exciting but it didn't seem to go anywhere particular. I know all the local counselors. The last time I took a Rorschach Test I was accused of making stuff up. I wasn't. How helpful do you think that's going to be?
白飞梦
Denny

Post by Denny »

ah, time ta feed the troll again?

Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Denny

Post by Denny »

yer confusin' feed with bury :thumbsup: