Spoof test?

You can come in here and play around until you get the hang of forum posts. It's unlikely you'll be yelled at.

Can you add a poll after the thread has been replied to?

Yes.
67%
No.
No votes
I'm not going to vote, I'm just going to click the "View Results" button and keep my opinion to myself.
33%
I always view results first so I can choose the right answer.
No votes

Total votes: 3

I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Post by I.D.10-t »

I can under stand the concerns.

As a side note at 80 she still has a lovly smile.

Betty Page
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

There is no doubt that Betty is a very beautiful woman. :)
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Yep, it is just nice to see that she didn't end up like Marilyn Monroe or Jayne Mansfield and seems to have found a good life after stardom. Much like Shirley Temple did not fall into the Child Star trap.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

Nanohedron wrote:
Ha.

"The question isn't whether you're paranoid: it's whether you're paranoid enough."

--from the movie Strange Days
If you are right you are not paranoid.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Denny wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
Ha.

"The question isn't whether you're paranoid: it's whether you're paranoid enough."

I know I've posted this before, but I knew a contentious fellow whom I once suggested was "being paranoid" about something, and he shot back, "I'm not paranoid. I'm merely in possession of the facts."
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

Nanohedron wrote:
Denny wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: Ha.

I know I've posted this before, but I knew a contentious fellow whom I once suggested was "being paranoid" about something, and he shot back, "I'm not paranoid. I'm merely in possession of the facts."
I've used it myself, although not here that I remember.

'sides I try to avoid words as long as "possession" here. :wink:
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Joseph E. Smith

I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Are ye pipes really that big? What are they high G? And what are all of those appendages? It is worse than Nano's flute with the keys and the tuning slide and the head that twists around like “The Exorcist”.( I think I remember why I like my Peeler fife, only one moving part, the cork.) Go back to watching the paint. The fumes have always made that job fun.

PS I see you voted Yes.
Joseph E. Smith

[img]http://chiffboard.mati.ca/images/avatars/1013578907435ee77321121.gif[/img] wrote:
Are ye pipes really that big? What are they high G? And what are all of those appendages? It is worse than Nano's flute with the keys and the tuning slide and the head that twists around like “The Exorcist”.( I think I remember why I like my Peeler fife, only one moving part, the cork.) Go back to watching the paint. The fumes have always made that job fun.

PS I see you voted Yes.

That's a big 10 - 4 good buddy. See ya' on the flip flop.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

By the way, JES, what is that thing on the end of the bent J shaped tube that looks like a lolly pop with a hole in the side and what does it do?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

I.D.10-t wrote:By the way, JES, what is that thing on the end of the bent J shaped tube that looks like a lolly pop with a hole in the side and what does it do?
I'll be presumptuous and answer for him. It's a resonator box, and its purpose is to intensify the presence of the bass drone's sound. Not all bass drones have them, but they're more standard on retroflex bass drones these days than not, I think. I've never seen a straight bass drone with one.

And the proper form of address among piperly sorts is not "lollipop", but "hockey puck". :wink:
Joseph E. Smith

Nanohedron wrote:
And the proper form of address among piperly sorts is not "lollipop", but "hockey puck". :wink:

And since all of us are Minnesotan (despite my current refugee status), the hockey puck is appropriate. :D
I.D.10-t

†

Post by I.D.10-t »

Thanks the FAQ FAQ FAQ, READ READ READ!!! thread did not mention the resonator box.

Oh, and these links are broken on that page.
Dale wrote:For a more complete explaination with photos, please follow these links...
http://www.pipers.ie/en/setsofpipes.html

If you want to know more about the origins of UPs check out this link....
http://www.pipers.ie/en/history.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.thepiperscut.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sig test
<p align="center"> ,,,
(o o)
-------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------
-------</p>

Enter Text HERE

Hmm, that didn't work
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh well, I think I will go out for an ice cream koan. Make me one with everything.

Precious metals do not rust. Gold is a precious metal. Does gold rust? Do precious metals rust or not? Does gold rust or not? Precious metal rusts. Precious gold rusts.
Insert Symbol test Starting with & #8224; and adding +1 to each

⇑ ⇑ ⇓ ⇓⇐ ⇒ ⇐⇒ B A Start

† ‡ • ‣ ․ ‥ … ‧ 

‪ ‫ ‬ ‭ ‮   ‰ ‱ ′ ″ ‴ ‵ ‶ ‷ ‸ ‹ › ※ ‼ ‽ ‾ ‿ ⁀ ⁁ ⁂ ⁃ ⁄ ⁅ ⁆ ⁇ ⁈ ⁉ ⁊ ⁋ ⁌ ⁍ ⁎ ⁏ ⁐ ⁑ ⁒ ⁓ ⁔ ⁕ ⁖ ⁗ ⁘ ⁙ ⁚ ⁛ ⁜ ⁝ ⁞   ⁠ ⁡ ⁢ ⁣ ⁤ ⁥ ⁦ ⁧ ⁨ ⁩       ⁰ ⁱ ⁲ ⁳ ⁴ ⁵ ⁶ ⁷ ⁸ ⁹ ⁺ ⁻ ⁼ ⁽ ⁾ ⁿ ₀ ₁ ₂ ₃ ₄ ₅ ₆ ₇ ₈ ₉ ₊ ₋ ₌ ₍ ₎ ₏ ₐ ₑ ₒ ₓ ₔ ₕ ₖ ₗ ₘ ₙ ₚ ₛ ₜ ₝ ₞ ₟ ₠ ₡ ₢ ₣ ₤ ₥ ₦ ₧ ₨ ₩ ₪ ₫ € ₭ ₮ ₯ ₰ ₱ ₲ ₳ ₴ ₵ ₶ ₷ ₸ ₹ ₺ ₻ ₼ ₽ ₾ ₿ ⃀ ⃁ ⃂ ⃃ ⃄ ⃅ ⃆ ⃇ ⃈ ⃉ ⃊ ⃋ ⃌ ⃍ ⃎ ⃏ ⃐ ⃑ ⃒ ⃓ ⃔ ⃕ ⃖ ⃗ ⃘ ⃙ ⃚ ⃛ ⃜ ⃝ ⃞ ⃟ ⃠ ⃡ ⃢ ⃣ ⃤ ⃥ ⃦ ⃧ ⃨ ⃩ ⃪ ⃫ ⃬ ⃭ ⃮ ⃯ ⃰ ⃱ ⃲ ⃳ ⃴ ⃵ ⃶ ⃷ ⃸ ⃹ ⃺ ⃻ ⃼ ⃽ ⃾ ⃿ ℀ ℁ ℂ ℃ ℄ ℅ ℆ ℇ ℈ ℉ ℊ ℋ ℌ ℍ ℎ ℏ ℐ ℑ ℒ ℓ ℔ ℕ № ℗
℘ ℙ ℚ ℛ ℜ ℝ ℞ &#8479

Note Edit on Mac OS X removes all charicter codes.
How Do I turn off this backwards typing???