Edit

You can come in here and play around until you get the hang of forum posts. It's unlikely you'll be yelled at.
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

Lambchop wrote:
Denny wrote:
I.D.10-t wrote:PS. Can some one tell me if E# in the funeral march is a commen notation? Why not F nat? They are both XOXXXX right?
You are getting into that modal thing here.
Given equal temperament...yes E# is F.

<Lamb perks up, thinking a Fascinating Musical Fact may appear soon, and hopes it will Explain Some Things.>
The world loves a dreamer!
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I.D.10-t wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:I.D I just read my PMs. Whew. I'm so glad you reminded me. I never rembember these things.
Couldn’t remember if you kept up with your PM’s so I double posted. One on PM and one here. I didn’t want to resurrect the “Flydood check your PM” thread.
Denny wrote:
I.D.10-t wrote:PS. Can some one tell me if E# in the funeral march is a commen notation? Why not F nat? They are both XOXXXX right?
You are getting into that modal thing here.
Given equal temperament...yes E# is F.
So would it be improper to annotate the note as a F nat?

The Living History gathering was OK but not what I had hoped. Just a lot of vendors. If you like muzzle loading muskets it was the place to be.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Flyingcursor wrote:The Living History gathering was OK but not what I had hoped. Just a lot of vendors. If you like muzzle loading muskets it was the place to be.
Although the smell of sulfur brings back fond memories, it does seem that the only thing that people want to remember about the olden days is the muzzle loaders and the pelts and most of the “mundane” things like tablet weaving, music, wood working, cooking and the like are forgotten. I guess the olden days represent rugged times and have no room for arts.

Last edited by I.D.10-t on Sat Mar 25, 2006 13:28 pm; edited 1.5 times in total