shwmae heno...

You can come in here and play around until you get the hang of forum posts. It's unlikely you'll be yelled at.
Geraint
antispam: No

shwmae heno...

Post by Geraint »

Shwmae - hello :) I'm new so be nice to me. Or I'll cry. And then you'll feel VERY BAD.

Juuuuust in case anyone reads this thing I'm a whistler of sorts from South Wales. I play whistles and a bit of bodhran in a band called Mari Lwyd. They won't let me play my pipes in the band yet. I am working on this and one day....

I would also like to see World Peace and when I grow up I want to work with young children and/or animals.

Diolch.

Thank you for your co-operation.

:D

Post by Guest »

Shwmae Geraint

Looks like you already grew up from the photo on your website! Nice to see more welshness here!
Maybe you know what's happened to the welsh traditional music site? (the one which is a bit like the Session site) - it has recently disappeared which is a shame because it was good for knowing whats on and for downloading welsh tunes in abc/midi.
I learn welsh tunes with someone originally from Swansea (on whistle and flute - although he plays and teaches the pipes too) There are other welsh whistlers/ flute players on this site but I haven't seen any postings from any for a while - we were going to try and get together for a whistle meet - but interest seems to have waned into nothingsness. So now I'm off to practise Farewell tr Bedwas (what a beautiful tune!) on my ownsome! BFN
Cariad
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cariad »

oops! I thought I was logged on when I wrote the above! Why did you write to the test forum instead of the whistle forum ....I never even noticed there was a test forum before!!
Geraint
antispam: No

Post by Geraint »

I'm only 12, I've had a hard life....

Shwmae Cariad (sounds rather intimate but you know what i mean)

Just got back from a gig when we played lots of Welsh stuff :) I don't know Farewell to Bedwas altho I suspect that a lot of people have said that, more than played it. Must try to find it...

I posted here cos I'm all naive. I may dip my toe into the wider waters of the site now, but I wanted to see what to do first. I don't know about the fate of the Welsh traditional music site, if I know the one you mean. I just tried it and it's, like, dissappeared. Like, wow man... Haven't been on it for a while, so that's a bit of a surprise to me too.

If you look on our site Dylan has started to upload a few midis, I believe. There are some other sites I've come across with Welsh midis altho many tend to be songs more than tunes, if you see what I mean.

Perhaps we should start a thread to see whether there is any Welsh life on this, then? Wotcha think? We've (ie Mari Lwyd) been holding some sessions in the Swansea area, playing Welsh stuff. It'd be good if others wanted to join us.

Da bo
Tri pheth sy'n anodd nabod....
Cariad
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cariad »

hello again
If I remember rightly it was the whistle forum where I 'met' others hailing from Wales (I've only hailed from yer for 5 years but my Dad and his side of the family are from the Rhondda) I tend to lurk more on the flute forum at the moment...
As for Farewell to Bedwas - its a lovely tune. I've had a hunt around in the usual places I go to search for tunes (coz its quicker to download dots if they are there rather than transcribing lesson tapes!) and not found it either. it might not be very well known... my teacher knows lots of tunes that are not so well known or often played....
I shall have a listen to your midi files.... Swansea is a bit too far to go for sessions of an evening for me (from the other side of Llandysul)
Go on - dip your toes (or fingers - unless you type with your toes) into the big wide world of c+f forums!!
see you around!