FS: 6-key boxwood flute renovated by Olwell

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Akiba
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am an Irish flute player and whistler. I have been a member since 2007? This has been one of the most informative sites on Irish flute I have found.

FS: 6-key boxwood flute renovated by Olwell

Post by Akiba »

Hi all,

I'm helping a friend of mine, Christie Hubbard, sell this flute. She's an excellent Irish flute player (she actually has a BA in Music from UC Berkeley with an emphasis in Irish flute--yes, she went to sessions for college credit) who plays an Olwell 6-key. The flute she is selling was first renovated by Olwell and then overhauled recently by Daniel Deitch. His description follows:

“This is an anonymous six keyed instrument of boxwood with ivory rings and cap and is very much in the style of those by Koch of Vienna from the 1820s. The keys are of brass and I just recently re-padded it. The head joint has been cracked and has been pinned previously. It is sealing now. It has the turnings and long key mounts/guides that are seen on Koch instruments. But most importantly, it is a terrific player. The bottom range is full and as loud as you like it, while the third octave is quite easy. I was able to get up to a d4! The scale is good too.”

Here's a link to pictures, description and video of Christie playing the flute: http://christiehubbard.wordpress.com/18 ... -for-sale/

She's asking $975 + shipping.

If interested, contact Christie through her email address on the webpage above. I can personally vouch that Christie is a person of the highest character and can be completely trusted.

Thanks for your interest.

Jason Pollack