FS: Fiddles & Tenor Banjo

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

FS: Fiddles & Tenor Banjo

Post by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago »

Just a note, one of the violins I posted below, but I cannot delete that post, I thought I'd compact it and post all three instruments I am selling here....

Still have a few instruments to sell to pay off cc bills, and in the future a Bb flute.

First up is my main violin, which was made by Christopher Vadnal earlier this year. He is a graduate of the Chicago School of Violin Making, and is going to be very well known, his workmanship is very good. This violin is as loud as they get, and the tone is balanced across the whole range. I think this violin would be an ideal session instrument because it projects so well. It also sounds equally as well with a performance mute as well. I am asking $2,850 which includes a nice D shaped case, and J. Lasalle pernambuco bow.

SOLD: Next up is my violin I played previous to the above. It was made by XuanTao Wang of Beijing in 2003. For the price this violin is very high up on the bang for your buck meter. It's made out of some very nice pieces of maple, and the finish is great too. The tone is far superior to most violins in this price bracket, and because I had a new bridge and soundpost made, it's even better. I have decided to sell this violin for $650 without a bow or case, however I have an old case I can ship it in. I play Cajun fiddle so I discovered very early on that this violin also tunes down well.

Last but not least is a Vega tenor banjo from the 20's. It was purchased last year from Bernunzio, and I had it set up for Irish tuning and a new skin before they shipped it to me. Even with a skin head this banjo has been proven to be very stable, and it has a great punch to it. I still have the original case for it which is still working well. I'd like to get $1,050 for this critter, it needs a home where it will get more attention. I've been focusing on flute and accordion more and haven't used it much since. Here is some pictures of the goods I have for sale...

http://theodoreceplina.com/html/gallery.php?gallery=14

If you need better pics, or have any questions, email me at buttonbox(at)gmail.com

O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago

Re: FS: Fiddles & Tenor Banjo

bump...
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago

Re: FS: Fiddles & Tenor Banjo

The XuanTao Wang fiddle is sold, but feel free to make me an offer on the other fiddle or banjo.