FS: Albert Alfonso Calfskin Bodhran SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
The Baron
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Albert Alfonso Calfskin Bodhran SOLD

Post by The Baron »

This HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER drum needs a good home. As you see below in my signature, I currently have FIVE bodhrans (soon to be six), and I need to "thin the herd" by at least one...if not two.

The most logical thing to do is start with the one that gets the least amount of playing time, and that would be the blonde Alfonso. I purchased this drum directly from Albert back in November. It's a PHENOMENAL drum -- the one I've had more compliments on than any other. As a matter of fact, a certain flute player at the sessions I attend love the sound of this instrument so much that he would probably kill me if he knew I was thinking about selling this drum! It just doesn't suit my playing style as well as the other four. I stay away from the top-end style because it doesn't seem to mesh well in most session settings I'm in, and this drum is a superb top-end bodhran. It also plays well for Kerry style, but it suits my particular style less than the other four drums I own.

So, I'm hoping to find someone out there who wants one of the very best bodhrans money can buy. The added bonuses of buying a drum like this that's seen just a little playing time are the following:

1) No wait time! If you order directly from Albert, you may be looking at several weeks, if not months.

2) It's been "played in" just enough. I've already taken the rough surface on the back of the skin off for you via playing it, but it's got YEARS AND YEARS of life in it.

The calfskin on this thing has INCREDIBLE range from deep bass tones to the high "pops." It changes pitch with just slight pressure or moving the hand. The neoprene collar Albert uses, along with the solid brass tuning ring gives it a sound that you cannot get anywhere else. And Albert's own three-point finger tuning system is the easiest I've ever come across.

Albert's website still says he's getting $440 for these, but he indicated to me that price was certain to go up soon because of the price of brass (and that was last year). I don't know if that price is still accurate, or if he simply has not updated his site (which wouldn't surprise me). Anyhow, I'd like to come in somewhere very close to what I paid for this work of art since fine instruments like this typically do not depreciate, and it's still in flawless condition.

If you'd like more information or would like to discuss a purchase, please email me at rproark (at) msn.com <--Yes, I'm paranoid about web bots picking up my email address and sending me boatloads of spam.

~ Ryan

Now, for a few photos of the star of this show...

Ryan O'Rourke
The Baron

Re: FS: Albert Alfonso Calfskin Bodhran

Post by The Baron »

At this moment, it's TECHNICALLY still available. There is a guy near Edmonton who is supposed to wire me the payment tomorrow. Should he be delayed in so doing, is there anyone else who might like to swoop in and pluck it up? I told him if I haven't received payment by tomorrow, his "dibs" are no longer in effect.

Let me know if you'd like to own this fine instrument!

~ Ryan
Ryan O'Rourke
The Baron

Post by The Baron »

The Baron wrote:At this moment, it's TECHNICALLY still available. There is a guy near Edmonton who is supposed to wire me the payment tomorrow. Should he be delayed in so doing, is there anyone else who might like to swoop in and pluck it up? I told him if I haven't received payment by tomorrow, his "dibs" are no longer in effect.

~ Ryan

Still no payment from the lad in Edmonton (but it could come at any moment), so act now and this instrument is yours!
Ryan O'Rourke
The Baron

Post by The Baron »

The Baron wrote:
The Baron wrote:At this moment, it's TECHNICALLY still available. There is a guy near Edmonton who is supposed to wire me the payment tomorrow. Should he be delayed in so doing, is there anyone else who might like to swoop in and pluck it up? I told him if I haven't received payment by tomorrow, his "dibs" are no longer in effect.

~ Ryan

Still no payment from the lad in Edmonton (but it could come at any moment), so act now and this instrument is yours!

Okay...the guy in Edmonton turned out to be a total flake. Make me a reasonable offer, and I'll ship this off to you at once!

~ Ryan
Ryan O'Rourke
The Baron

Post by The Baron »

SOLD!!
Ryan O'Rourke