FS: Whistles Starter Package (others sold)

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
TunelessJoe
antispam: No

FS: Whistles Starter Package (others sold)

Post by TunelessJoe »

Greetings,

As a beginner, I've enjoyed a somewhat impractical shopping spree aimed at trying everything that looked interesting until I found the sound I wanted. With the purchase of a Sweetheart Low D, I am sure I want to take the slower path of learning low whistles first. As a bonus, I've learned that I definitely don't want to be a whistle collector. Unplayed whistles cause guilt.

Today, I'm writing up the text with photos to follow in the next couple of days. If you send me a firm "I'll buy that" PM before I post photos, it is with the assumption that you must see the photos and be satisfied before confirming the purchase.

I sell rare books on eBay under the name "Wanderingbooks" with 100% feedback. I know how to package items carefully. Paypal or postal money order in US funds.

Thanks,
Joe

#1 The "I'm a Whistler Now" Turbo Starter Package
-------------------------------------------------
The perfect gift? A chance to try out different types of basic whistles. All whistles lightly used.

A. Clarke D Natural (unpainted finish): For the legendary conical, tinplate, breathy sound.
B. Walton's Mellow D: A wider bore brass tube well suited for slower tunes.
C. Feadog Pro D: A thick-walled, nickel plated tube for a brighter sound.
D. Walton's Little Black Whistle (Guiness Edition) D: A narrow bore aluminum tube with a different sound.
E. Bill Ochs Clarke Tin Whistle Tutor book.
F. Companion cassette for Bill Ochs book with whistle tunes in D.
G. Carey Parks 12-whistle wooden whistle stand.
H. Quartz metronome.

Package price: $45. Free shipping in USA. $5 Shipping to Canada and UK. Other locations at cost.

<<<SOLD>>>#2 The "Dixon Three Favorite Keys" Ultimate Starter Package
-----------------------------------------------------------
A. Dixon Trad D in brass, tunable. Ranked high in favorite beginner whistles. Lightly used.
B. Dixon Trad Eb in brass, tunable. A half step higher than the D for a merrier sound. Used.
C. Dixon Polymer (plastic) Bb tunable. A favorite lower key for mellow home playing. Used.
D. Waltons tin whistle tutor.
E. Soodlums tin whistle tune cassette.

Package price: $45. Free shipping in USA. $5 Shipping to Canada and UK. Other locations at cost.

<<<SOLD>>>#3 Freeman Mellow Dog D
------------------------------
A combination of a Feadog head and a Mellow D brass tube. A great mellow sound. Used.

Price: $20. Free shipping in USA. $5 Shipping to Canada and UK. Other locations at cost.

<<<SOLD>>>#4 Syn Black Diamond D
----------------------
Great louder sound for session play. A pro quality whistle. Used.

Price: $30. Free shipping in USA. $5 Shipping to Canada and UK. Other locations at cost.

<<<SOLD>>>#5 O'Brien 3-piece Rover wooden whistle in Curly Birch in D
-----------------------------------------------------------
Gorgeous whistle with great sound comes with cloth pouch. Very lightly used.

Price: $80. Free shipping in USA. $5 Shipping to Canada and UK. Other locations at cost.

<<<SOLD>>>#6 Dixon Aluminum (alloy) Low D
-------------------------------
Probably the best metal whistle for people with smaller hands. Known for its easy reach and easy playing. Lightly used.

Price: $80. Free shipping in USA. $5 Shipping to Canada and UK. Other locations at cost.

<<<SOLD>>>#7 Schultz Water Weasel in D
----------------------------
The much coveted pvc whistle from the late master of hand-made whistles. Tunable. Lightly used. No plumbing codes. Logo sticker present. Has two light golden patches of discoloration on the bottom of the head. Not particularly noticeable against the off-white pvc color. This whistle was in storage for 10 years and never used. The color is possibly a reaction to the glue or something it was in contact with while in storage. Lightly used.

Price: $90. Free shipping in USA. $5 Shipping to Canada and UK. Other locations at cost.

<<<SOLD>>>#8 Schultz Thin Weasel in Blackwood in D
----------------------------------------
Stainless steel fittings and custom wooden box included. Surely one of the most prized whistles out there. Used.

Price: $380. Free shipping in USA. $5 Shipping to Canada and UK. Other locations at cost.
-------------------------------------
dangerously inexperienced
i use a safety cord in case I slip on a jig and swallow my whistle
TunelessJoe

Re: FS: Dixons, Mellow Dog, more!

Post by TunelessJoe »

<<<SOLD>>>#3 Freeman Mellow Dog D
TunelessJoe

Re: FS: Dixons, Mellow Dog, more!

Post by TunelessJoe »

<<<SOLD>>>Item #2 Dixons sold

Only Item #1 left, to which I will add the "Learn to Play the Irish Tin Whistle" by Vinnie Kilduff VHS video tape (us format). The tape cost me $40 alone. Total package price $45.