FS: Pat O'Riordan Low-d / Low Eb Whistle Set

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
crickett
antispam: No

FS: Pat O'Riordan Low-d / Low Eb Whistle Set

Post by crickett »

Up for sale is a Pat O'Riordan Low-d / Low Eb Whistle Set in a soft cloth case. These whistles are in "as new" condition.
$750, including shipping in the US. Feel free to PM with any questions.
crickett

Re: FS: Pat O'Riordan Low-d / Low Eb Whistle Set

Post by crickett »

This is a bump with extra information that I sent to an interested party:

These were bought from Doc (Irish Flute Store) a little over a year ago. They are in excellent, as-new condition. The reason they are in such great shape is that I keep them wrapped up in their case, terrified I might drop them or something. As a result of my caution, I simply wind up picking up other whistles to play. I have broken them out to play a few times, though, and they are lovely whistles. They are from the Traveller Series, and like all other whistles in this series are made out of anodized (black) aluminum. Mine has brass rings, though other whistles in this series have nickel plated rings. It comes in three parts: one head joint, a D center joint (plus and Eb center joint), and a foot joint. The foot joint can be rotated left or right, making the bottom hole more accessible for right or left-handed players. They are of course tunable. They have a beautiful voice, as you would expect from an O'Riordan that has been developed with advice from Joanie Madden. I would say they are a little quieter than my large-holed Overton and my Burke. They are very easy to play in both octaves.

The reason I am selling is I am trying to get some money together for a flute. It pains me to sell them, and I won't unless I get what I think is a reasonable price.

I took some photos that I would be happy to email to anyone interested.
crickett

Re: FS: Pat O'Riordan Low-d / Low Eb Whistle Set

Post by crickett »

Just a little bump; nothing serious.