FS: Vega Tenor Banjo.... well sort of for sale....

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

FS: Vega Tenor Banjo.... well sort of for sale....

Post by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago »

So I just played a Deering Calico, and now I am hellbent on getting one for myself. Unfortunately in order for me to buy a new banjo I'd have to sell the one I have and be without and instrument for a few months. I am trying to see if someone would want to commit to buying my current banjo(details in a sec...) and it'd be theirs for the taking when my new one is ready. I do not necessarily need payment up from, it'd help, but what would help more is knowing I have a definite sale on it in the future.
With that said the banjo I am selling is a pristine condition Vega Professional, with all the original parts, minus the tuners which are replaced with better ones. I bought it from Bernunzio and had it set up for GDEA tuning, a skin head, and LaBella brass strings. It sounds great, has a lot of volume, low action, and a great dark sound. I like the slightly brighter sound, and shorter scale length of Deering banjos, so I'd like to sell this one to fund that. I had bought this Vega to really make sure I was in the banjo game for the long run, because Vega banjos are a good investment, and they are just so beautiful. My asking price is $1,450 which includes the original case and shipping in the continental U.S. If you are interested send me a pm and we can work something out.