FS: Terry McGee Rudall 5088 in rare Cocus with ivoroid SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
sponge
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

FS: Terry McGee Rudall 5088 in rare Cocus with ivoroid SOLD

Post by sponge »

Hi all,

I recently aquired this beautiful flute from Doc Jones, it is an amazing player, this was the main reason I purchased it as doc mentioned it was probably the best flute he had ever played, and thats saying something especially with all the stock that goes through his shop, it is made of a beautiful piece of Cocus wood and has fake ivory fittings, so no problem shipping this one anywhere in the world, it is a rudall copy of no 5088 with tuning slide and Terrys improved eliptical embouchure, it can produce a lovely edgy sound and has plenty of volume, there are absolutely no blemishes or marks anywhere on the whole flute, no scratches or issues of any kind it is like new condition, on the top of the end cap there is a 9 ct solid gold circular plate inset into the wood about the size of a one penny or one cent coin this has the innitials of a previous owner and a date, this could probably be engraved out, and does not detract from the beauty of this flute, there is also a C natural thumb hole on the back of the first section, which for me is in exactly the right spot for my left thumb, this can be covered with tape or a silicon stopper from a boehm open holed flute could be used to stop up the hole, it could then be played without covering the hole with your thumb, using the thumb hole does produce a very clean Cnat, although the cross fingered version is also excellent.

I if wasn't in need of some cash fairly quick, I would be keeping this flute without a seconds hessitation, I have always been a wooden flute scardey cat, but not with this one as it does what I want and more, I have made a very strong flute case for the flute and attached some decent catches either side, so it is well protected, if you require any more info e-mail me or Pm me I am back in the UK now for a whole month, as I have had three jobs cancelled due to the world credit crunch, I'm not sure what price to put on the flute, Terrys price for the 5088
is $ 1295 and an additional $ 400 for cocus wood, so the new price wood be around $1700 dollars or £ 1178 pounds, let now if your interested and your best offer, its got to go so you could get a great deal. pictures below

cheers sponge :)

sponge
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

Re:SOLD Terry McGee Rudall 5088 in rare Cocus with ivoroid r

Post by sponge »

The Mcgee is now sold, thanks to all who enquired.

sponge