FS: McGee GLP 2 Key

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Clinton
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: McGee GLP 2 Key

Post by Clinton »

I am testing the water to see whether there is any interest in my 2 keyed GLP. I am exploring other flute options, and would need to pass this one one in order to fund another acquisition. Pictures here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 ... =536705744

The flute is Delrin, has the MDT and the rounded rectangle embouchure. Keys are the Eb key and a crooked short Fnat key that works pretty well with a bit of practice for slurring between D/Eb and Fnat. Really fast riffs, especially betwen Eb and Fnat are not so easy with this setup, but I find it serves quite well almost all the time.

It has a strong, solid cross fingered C and Bb/A# in the first register. The lower register Ab/G# is a bit veiled, but is pretty good when the embouchure is working well. The difference is only realy noticeable when playing sustained notes in a slow piece when compared to other notes closer to the rood D scale. The second register Ab/G# is better than the first. Basically, I use a focussed air stream, and have to lip the note down a smidge to get it into tune.

I can play this flute chromatically up to the third register G. There may be notes beyond that, but I haven't been able to reliably find them yet. Terry cut the lower tone holes such that the Eb key should be depressed to get the notes to play fully voiced and in tune. In really fast passages, I sometimes do not use it, but it makes a noticeable difference when playing slower passages, especially strengthening and rounding out the E and F# notes.

Other than a bit of finger polishing around the tone holes, the flute is in pristine condition.

I would like to see US $1,400 including shipping to Canada/US for this as I can.

Regards,

Clinton
Clinton

Re: FS: McGee GLP 2 Key

Post by Clinton »

Bump...
Clinton

Re: FS: McGee GLP 2 Key

Post by Clinton »

Bumpity bump...