FS: Harp and C#/D Box to sell

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
maze
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Harp and C#/D Box to sell

Post by maze »

Okay,

I have to face facts that the 1916 Clarke Harp nor the Saltarelle Irish Boebe box are going to get played enough to justify me having them. The box is like new and has set in its case now for three years (occasional use) and the harp, as beautiful as it is, is just sitting there a reminder of the lack of time I have to pick up a new instrument (i play uilleann pipes, flute, piano, guitar, whistles, piano box, bodhran, bass, and so on). At another time when my daughter is perhaps older and requires less chasing around, or after I step down from my current academic administrative position (in addition to teaching full time), I can pursue this again, but at this point, I need $$ and frankly these instruments belong in someone else's hands where they can do some good.

I will get some pictures and post - but for now, I would take $1500 plus shipping for the box, and $2000 for the harp if anyone is interested...

if not.. then my bank account will stay low, and my living room beautifully adorned with the harp. Harp, by the way, is in excellent condition with folding stool on which it sits... could stand a new set of strings, but the ones on it sound fine - just not as resonant as they were once in their stringly youth. I don't really want to sell either one, but divorces are expensive!

Oh yes, there will be full set of pipes available sometime soon as well - in D... just need to play a few more gigs first.

maze
Maze