FS: Phil Bleazey low D

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: Phil Bleazey low D

Post by pipersgrip »

Up for sale is my Phil Bleazey low D in African Blackwood. I never like to sell my whistles since i am a collector, but a lot of my money went into college, and being out of work isn't easy. It is a very nice sounding whistle, but it needs to go to a home that will play it more. It has a very nice rich warm woody sound. There are some things that need to be addressed, nothing serious. To have it pitched to A=440, the tuning slide has to be pulled out about half way instead of the normal 1/4 of an inch. If you pull it out 1/4, it will be in tune, but you have to blow softer. If you a hard blower like me, then I have to pull it out about half way. Also, for the C nat, OXXOOO, you have to push it a little more to get it in tune, or OXOOOO works fine for me. The body is in perfect condition, except for the marks on the tuning slide(marked for getting it in tune), which doesn't affect the playing at all. I have kept it well oiled, and it comes with a cloth travel bag. It is conical bored. These cost around 600 USD new from him when I got it, back when I was making good money. I am asking 350.00 obo. Shipping and insurance are included in the price. If any other questions, please feel free to ask.

The tone is very rich, this is unlike any other low whistle I have played. It has a nice dark low sound, then in the upper octaves it is very sweet but still woody sounding, it really sounds like a real flute. The holes are small, and the ergonamics on this is awesome. Even a kid could play this low whistle with ease. The volume is low, not shrill at all, and it isn't too quiet either. If you brought it to a session, you might not be heard, but for soloing it is great.

Here it is next to my Burke, just to compare it. Sadly I had to let the Burke go a while back too.

Here it is by itself.

Here is to show the tuning slide, and the notches on it.

And here it is all apart, it comes in four pieces.

This whistle is truly magnificent, and I hate to let it go. I am just not a low whistle person at the moment, I would like to focus more on the flute. Thanks for looking :pint:
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
pipersgrip

Re: FS: Phil Bleazey low D

Post by pipersgrip »

Special offer of 325.00 obo for C&F members only. Still gets free S&H+insurance.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
pipersgrip

Re: FS: Phil Bleazey low D

Post by pipersgrip »

315.00?