FS Chris Norman Keyless D Boxwood

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
John Driscoll
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing Irish flute and whistles since January 2016. It's been a great departure from percussion, which has been my primary form of musicianship since I was a boy.

FS Chris Norman Keyless D Boxwood

Post by John Driscoll »

I've had 5 great years with this flute, but it's time to thin the herd so I can add a set of drones to my pipes.

The flute is keyless, all wood, with an unlined head. It's a fantastic player, extremely light in the hands. It's modeled after Chris Norman's personal flute. It has small holes and is very easy to play, but don't be deceived: Every time I bring it out to the session, people pass it around and are pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to play and how strong the tone is for a small holed flute.

There are two cracks that have been stable since I discovered them several years ago. I spoke to Chris about them and he says any woodwind repair shop could easily fix them. I originally paid $1,000 for the flute, but given the condition, I'm asking $700. Comes with a canvas soft case.

Photos and sound clips available upon request through my gmail address: driscolljd86