FS: Burns Large Hole Blackwood-Ergo-No Slide SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Hi4head
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just recently I’ve begun playing a transverse flute. I’m wanting to learn more about simple system flutes and playing.

FS: Burns Large Hole Blackwood-Ergo-No Slide SOLD

Post by Hi4head »

Asking $450 including Priority mail with insurance (USA sales only). Reasonable offers considered.

Photos can be seen at: https://www.naturallycast.com/burnslh

This is one of Casey's standard model flutes with the Large Hole finger position resulting in more volume and resonance. It comes with the padded case shown in the photos. The photos also show the flute adjacent to my Folk Flute to show the difference in hole size and spacing.

Please note: This does not come with a tuning slide or sterling rings. Since this is one of Casey's standard models (not a Folk Flute), it is upgradable by Casey to add the slide/rings (currently he charges $400 for the retrofit) and even keys. I find that I haven't needed the slide.

I was very pleased with this flute and glad that I tried it. I was impressed with the volume and how easy it was for me to play in general, and in the 2nd octave. I'm not sure if its my age (retired many years), or that I'm still a beginner and working on developing my embouchure, but the slight difference in air needed has me playing my standard hole flute more. So I'm selling this one to raise funds to try another flute (maybe his Rudall).

Please feel free to email or PM me with any questions.

Chris
Hi4head
Tell us something.: Just recently I’ve begun playing a transverse flute. I’m wanting to learn more about simple system flutes and playing.

Re: FS: Burns Large Hole Standard Flute-Blackwood-Ergo-No Sl

Post by Hi4head »

I forgot to mention in my original post that the flute has been sanitized and re-oiled, and has not been touched or played since May 23. All three parts of the flute are snugly placed in the padded cloth case.

Also forgot to mention (even though its in the title and can be seen in the photos), this has ergonomic fingering.

Chris
Hi4head

Post by Hi4head »

This excellent flute is still available and still untouched, unplayed, and in its case (since May 23).

Open to reasonable offers. Get one of Casey’s standard flutes for less than the cost of one of his Folk Flutes.
Hi4head

Post by Hi4head »

Flute is Sold.