Possible Trade: 6 Key GRINTER for Olwell

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
rmvanhorn
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Interested in traditional music - Irish, Nordic, you name it. I'm a flute and whistle player and interested in all aspects of flute playing, making.

Possible Trade: 6 Key GRINTER for Olwell

Post by rmvanhorn »

—POSSIBLE TRADE—

Blackwood 6 key D flute by the late Michael GRINTER. Lovely original hardwood case included.

This is an especially good example of Mike’s Rudall model, as played by Kevin Crawford.

It has a rich, warm sound that Grinter flutes are known for, accurate tuning, and very crisp & agile response thanks to the medium sized finger holes.

Purchased from Irish Flute Store for $7,000 and overhauled/repadded by Patrick Olwell.

I make/repair flutes myself, and there are no issues of any sort with this flute. Made of beautifully grained blackwood with painstakingly made silver lined key ways. It’s a prime example of Mike’s best work, which, let’s face it, is known to be a little inconsistent.

I now have two keyed Grinters, and wouldn’t mind a different sort of flute as my second. Will consider a trade for an Olwell 6 key, also in prime condition. I am in no rush, and don’t need to let this flute go, just want to put it out there.

Located in the greater Boston area.

rmvanhorn at gmail dot com