FS: Bryan Byrne Blackwood Keyless Flute WITHDRAWN

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

FS: Bryan Byrne Blackwood Keyless Flute WITHDRAWN

Post by Loren »

Bryan Byrne keyless flute made from African Blackwood, with Sterling rings, slide and fully sterling lined headjoint. Absolutely killer R&R style flute that sounds and plays fantastic. Yes, you need to have a decent embouchure to get the best out of a Byrne, but the effort is well worth it - this is one of the best flutes I’ve ever played. Also, the workmanship on Bryan’s flutes is second to none.

The flute is in very good condition with the exception of 2-3 hairline cracks in the barrel section. In light of this I have priced the flute accordingly. You could have the cracks repaired professionally, which wouldn’t cost a lot - I’d expect $50-$100, or you could have Bryan make you a new barrel, which he told me a while back would cost $500. You could probably get another to make a new barrel for $200-300. Personally I think a relatively inexpensive repair of the existing barrel by a reputable maker (I recommend Dave Copley) makes the most sense, but that’s me. You could also do the repair yourself, either with super glue or by binding with thread, as they do on bamboo flutes. Plenty of videos on YouTube to show you how.

Last time I spoke with Bryan was several years ago and as I recall he was charging $2000 for new keyless flutes at that time.

Price for my Byrne is $1000 shipped and insured (ONLY TO USA DESTINATIONS) which includes a padded cavallero roll-up style carry bag. Photos available on request for serious parties.

It’s a real shame this flute is sitting around not getting any use. (Thanks wood allergies :swear: )

Loren
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Re: FS: Bryan Byrne Blackwood Keyless Flute

Post by Loren »

Still available. I can provide the flute with the hairline cracks repaired for an additional charge. PM for details.
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Re: FS: Bryan Byrne Blackwood Keyless Flute