FS/FT: Uilleann Pipes CJ Dixon D Practice Set SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
dyersituations
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS/FT: Uilleann Pipes CJ Dixon D Practice Set SOLD

Post by dyersituations »

Uilleann Pipes CJ Dixon D Practice Set

I purchased this set used in 2014, and it was my first set of pipes. Last year I acquired a full set, so I no longer play this practice set. This CJ Dixon practice set is made of cocobolo and brass, and I don't know what the mounts or bellows are made from. It was likely made around 10 years ago, though I don't know for sure. The set plays well and has 3 working reeds. I made two of the reeds, and these reeds are the best playing reeds I've used in this set. The 3rd reed came with the set when I purchased it, and it was made by Brian Howard.

The chanter has no issues as far as I can tell, and the bag and bellows appear to be airtight. On the bellows the hinge is a little loose, but it works well.

Since the chanter has cocobolo, purchase is limited to the USA due to CITES restrictions.

I'm looking for $700 OBO including shipping to CONUS. Also I would consider a partial or full trade for a flat Uilleann chanter (C#, B, Bb), an Irish flute (F, D, C, Bb), or a wood low D whistle.

Thanks for looking!

Here's a video I recorded today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaFidX1 ... e=youtu.be

Life is good.
dyersituations

Re: FS/FT: Uilleann Pipes CJ Dixon D Practice Set

Post by dyersituations »

BUMP!

Price reduced to $650 OBO including shipment to USA CONUS.
Life is good.
dyersituations

Re: FS/FT: Uilleann Pipes CJ Dixon D Practice Set

Post by dyersituations »

SOLD
Life is good.