Rudall and Rose 2883 and cocus Olwell head/barrel SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
flutefry
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Pipes have become my main instrument, but I still play the flute. I have emerged from the "instrument acquisition" phase, and am now down to one full set of pipes (Gordon Galloway), and one flute (Hudson Siccama).

Rudall and Rose 2883 and cocus Olwell head/barrel SOLD

Post by flutefry »

Large-holed Rudall and Rose 2883 in beautiful fine-grained, matched cocus, with 8 sterling keys. All 3 foot joint keys have pewter plugs. Top joint marked No 15, Piazza, Covent Garden, London, and all other joints marked “Rudall and Rose, London”. The head joint has a repaired crack (once in the distant past by pinning, and more recently by Jon Cornia).

This flute was described by Jon C in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88481) as one of the magic RR flutes. This is an exceptional flute for its ease of playing, responsiveness and quality of its workmanship. The keys are set up with a light and even touch, tenons are corked. I have adjusted the tuning of the A and B with shellac. I have an original case, and will ship in a Pelican case.

$3000 USD or best offer for the R+R, $4500 with Olwell head joint and barrel. The Olwell head fits the flute perfectly, improves tuning, and has a great sound, but cocus is browner/less red than the original. If you want to buy the Olwell head and barrel separately, it is $1700 or best offer. I will ship either of both from US if requested.

Photos on request by email.

I am retiring and downsizing, and these must go, so try your offers.

Hugh
flutefry
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Pipes have become my main instrument, but I still play the flute. I have emerged from the "instrument acquisition" phase, and am now down to one full set of pipes (Gordon Galloway), and one flute (Hudson Siccama).

Re: Rudall and Rose 2883 and cocus Olwell head/barrel

Post by flutefry »

Both the R+R and the Olwell head joint are now sold
I thought I had no talent, but my talent is to persist anyway.