8 key flute by George French

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Jon C.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

8 key flute by George French

Post by Jon C. »

I am selling a R&R style flute from the 1850's, George French used to make flutes for R&R but then struck out on his own.
The keywork is Nickel "German Silver" and the castings were not very good, he probably didn't have much start up capitol when he started making them, similar to some of the Wylde flutes. Plays well in 440 hz.
Good strong tone, funky enough to not worry about it at the session...
I restored this flutes several years ago. tow of the keys were replaced.
I am asking $850 + shipping.
PM me or email me at cochranflutes@gmail.com

https://s19.postimg.org/6i96agvmr/George_French.jpg
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Jon C.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Re: 8 key flute by George French

Post by Jon C. »

Pending purchase... :party:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon