FS: Terry McGee Keyless Pratten in D SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
MKE_Chris
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: Terry McGee Keyless Pratten in D SOLD

Post by MKE_Chris »

Hello All,

Still for sale is this lovely Keyless Pratten by Terry McGee. It plays like a dream and isn't too tough to get a very nice, powerful tone out of. No problems at all, no repairs ever needed. The rings tend to get a little bit loose of stored for long periods in dry conditions. I remedy this by keeping it at between 55-60% humidity when it's not being played. Maintenance has been regular, and instead of doing the normal oiling routine for my other flutes I follow Terry's recommendation of just using a little bore oil down the bore regularly.

New from Terry they're about $1200 if I recall correctly. I'm looking to get about $800, but I am open to offers. The only reason I'm selling is because 1) I've got a lovely Murray that gets a lot more play time and 2) I've won a scholarship to study in Ireland and I need to front a good portion of the money. :D

I'll be at the Milwaukee Irish Fest pretty much all week, if you happen to be here and would like to have a look, shoot me a message.

Email is the best way to get ahold of me, as I'll be on the move: chris.wieber AT gmail DOT com. (obfuscated to avoid the random spam scraper). Pics and video to follow.
MKE_Chris

Re: FS: Terry McGee Keyless Pratten in D

Post by MKE_Chris »

Update: Here's the video I promised. It's not the actual video I promised, it's quite an old one. But my new one won't work. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-bpg933Pak

The images are here. (Wrench and pepper pot not included.)

http://imgur.com/gallery/VhWCS
MKE_Chris

Post by MKE_Chris »

Bump. Still available. Still plays wonderfully. Also I'll respond to PMs now that I'm back.
MKE_Chris

Post by MKE_Chris »

The flute has been sold. Thanks all!