FS: Paolo Soprani "Red Badge" BC box

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
maze
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Paolo Soprani "Red Badge" BC box

Post by maze »

Hello,

I've held on to this for as long as I can recall, but only recently had it completely refurbished. I found this mid century barely functional C#/C Red Soprani in Savannah, GA and intended to restore her but never got around to it... so have been carting her around from house to house.

I took advantage of Rob of accordionworks, who had been passing through Florida for the winter, and had it renovated finally. It was one of the remaining items not stolen during a recent home burglary, so I figured it best to get it going and pass it on to someone who will love and play the old girl (I am resigned to limit my Irish Trad to uilleann pipes, whistles, and similar yoke) since giving up on the button box man years back (logic eludes me to this day).

I don't know what to ask for it yet but will entertain reasonable offers. I am happy to send photos and sound clips - I won't be playing any tunes mind you - but it is now tuned BC with McComiskey layout for basses. It is swing tuned and sounds great to my ear. If no-one wants it, I suppose I'll have to take up learning the box again - though last time C#/D.

maze
maze@ufl.edu
Maze
http://www.myspace.com/antriur
First CD release "Three People" now available at cdbaby.com... support your local piper, buy a cd