FS: antique 12 key flute by Hans Kreul w/hard case

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
bigsciota
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: antique 12 key flute by Hans Kreul w/hard case

Post by bigsciota »

This is a 12-key flute in the Schwedler style with a metal headjoint and "reform" embouchure. Comes with original case, which works well (although one latch is a little tricky).

It's a wonderful flute, but after a few years of stockpiling instruments it's time once again to thin the herd. It doesn't get played nearly enough as it deserves, so I'm hoping to find someone who can use it more. I bought it from Lorenzo on this forum a year ago, and he has a long description in his posting here: viewtopic.php?p=1173048

It's still in great shape, has a lovely tone once you get used to the embouchure, and has keys that bring it down to a low B, which is surprisingly strong!

There are some pictures in the previous post, here's a recent picture I took of it: https://app.box.com/s/b8b81gjby8c0gax8vmpqindpt3w7r6nh

I'll let it go for the same amount I paid for it, $720 shipped to Europe and CONUS (see next paragraph for details).

The shipping is a little odd, as I am based in the US but will be in Ireland for about 10 days starting next week. Therefore, if you're in Europe and want to buy it, I'll bring it over and ship it from there. If you're in the CONUS, I can ship it from here or there depending on where I am and how soon you want it. If you're not in Europe or the US, let me know so I can see what the shipping rates are and work something out.