Sweetheart Kilhoury 3-key whistle / piccolo. $850

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
tommyk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Sweetheart Kilhoury 3-key whistle / piccolo. $850

Post by tommyk »

I purchased one of Ralph Sweet's last 3-keyed Kilhoury Whistles with an extra piccolo head joint at the end of August 2015.

The whistle has a lovely tone and is my third favorite D whistle ever.
The main reason I wanted this instrument was for the piccolo abilities.
I am discovering that I should not be playing piccolo - it aggravates my tinnitus.
I also own Abell and Lon Dubh (specially made wooden version to his original specs) D whistles, and just don't really need a third D.

This is African blackwood and silver. The inside of each head joint is lined with cork (greased) and the long body tenon affords a great degree of tunability (translation: this IS a tunable whistle).
It has been recently oiled (almond oil with a little vitamin E in it) and it has been kept in a humidor at 50% humidity.
I paid $850 for this, plus shipping.

I am selling it for $850, but I will include free shipping within the contiguous United States. I'd ask overseas buyers to chip in $50.00 towards shipping, which will be expensive.
I am not taking a big hit on this instrument for two reasons:
1) it is in brand new condition;
2) Ralph will not be making any more of these. He currently has one last 3-keyed body, but it requires some extra tweaking for one of the key springs and he is not certain when that would be ready. He has informed me on several occasions that he will not be making any more of his 3-keyed versions as they are a royal pain to make - three small block mounted keys.

I am not in a hurry for a sale. I'm also happy to take a down payment with a payment arrangement if that would help.
Best method to contact me: tommyvikingen@gmail.com
- Tommy Kochel

The Knotwork Band

www.theknotworkband.com
FaceBook: The Knotwork Band
theknotworkband@gmail.com