FS/FT: Sloan Scottish Smallpipes in A, excellent, pricedrop

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
bepoq
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just updating my profile. Actually came on to change my signature, which is out of date. I have no idea what 100 characters looks like. Is this enough perhaps?

FS/FT: Sloan Scottish Smallpipes in A, excellent, pricedrop

Post by bepoq »

Ray Sloan Scottish Smallpipes in A:

This is a great set, remarkably small and neat, lovely buzzy tone, astonishingly forgiving to play even by SSP standards, light pressure without being so light they're difficult, almost effortless. Original bellows with them. I really enjoyed playing them, and people frequently spoke wonderingly of how good they sounded, and if you travel and like to take pipes, they can't be beat (in a bellows set anyway). Would totally recommend to a beginner/transferrer from other pipes. Blackwood with silver, bass and two tenor drone configuration. Difficult to part with I enjoyed them so much, but I scored a really lovely set of Moores in A a while ago, and Hamish and Fin are friends and my favourite makers—looking to at least partly defray the cost of those. Will send them fettled and ready to play (easy to do as they're already in perfect playing condition). Can send a nice small case that I'm part way through lining for them for a bit extra if desired. Glad to play for any interested parties.

ImageIMG_3480

ImageIMG_3479

$1350, shipped conus, or looking to trade for 2 regulators in C or D, or perhaps a wire strung harp...

Thanks for having a look.

B
Flutes, whistles, pipes: Come From Away, Broadway

CD, The Mouse in the Mug, available.

Avatar painting by Vincent Crotty of Kerry, now Boston. Visit his site here