FS: 2 fiddles, Vega tenor banjo

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

FS: 2 fiddles, Vega tenor banjo

Post by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago »

I've got a little flock of instruments to sell to fund my apprenticeship as a violin maker...... need to start buying some tools. For starters I have two very nice fiddles that are very good instruments for the price. The lighter colored one is made by XuanTao Wang of Beijing. His daughter presented 4 instruments for me to try out. I picked 2 of them to keep, and this is the one I've held on to the longest. It has a gorgeous one piece back, and very highly flamed woods throughout. It was recently setup with a new sound post, I had the fingerboard planed to a more appropriate standard, and then put some new strings on it. This fiddle has a very impressive bass response, but still a very clear balanced mid-high range. Asking price is $750.

The next instrument is a violin by Liuxi workshop, which is based in Shanghai. This particular violin has a nice two piece back, and a very attractive dark chocolate brown finish. It was recently set up with a new bridge, and sound post. I would say over all that this is a brighter instrument, but still very well balanced, I think it is still going to open up quite a bit. I have a set of Pro Arte's on in now, but I think if Dominants were put on it this instrument would be fantastic. I'd be glad to re-string if need be. I am asking $750 for this fiddle as well.

The final instrument on my list in a really nice 1920's Vega Professional tenor banjo. It is in almost new condition, and Bernunzio just put a new head on it for me a few months back. It includes the original case, and I'll throw in a set of strings as well. This one is going for a very fair price of $1,350.
If you are interested in further details, pics, feel free to send me a pm.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago

Re: FS: 2 fiddles, Vega tenor banjo

Decided to lower the price as I am impatient :wink: How about $600 for either fiddle, and $1,150 for the banjo, I'll throw in a set of strings too.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago

Re: FS: 2 fiddles, Vega tenor banjo

bump :wink: