FS: Custom banjo pot SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Thomaston
antispam: No

FS: Custom banjo pot SOLD

Post by Thomaston »

I’ve posted about this originally about a year ago, that my friend who is a luthier was going to build me a neck for this banjo rim that would be a tenor/cello hybrid tuned CGDAE. Unfortunately due to Covid things never got off the ground, and he has abandoned instrument making due to homeschooling his kids and working full time.
I’ve moved on too, and have placed a deposit on a Crump cittern, so I need to pass this along to someone that can do something fun with it.
The rim was built by Zachary Hoyt to my specifications. It has a 12” diameter and is made of maple. It also has an internal resonator built in made of walnut. As you can see in the photo I have all brass hardware (hooks, nuts, tailpiece) already included, plus it has a really cool wooden armrest. There is a White Ladye tone ring installed under the head, which is a standard Renaissance head.
Photo here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/Q089GWG

This could make a fun project for someone with the ability to build a neck. It would be a great tenor banjo, or really whatever kind of neck you want to do.
I’ve got about $660 invested in this, and would like to get as close to that as possible, but am open to offers.
PM me if interested. No trade offers, please.
Thomaston

Re: FS: Custom banjo pot

Post by Thomaston »

Sale pending...
Thomaston

Re: FS: Custom banjo pot

Post by Thomaston »

This can be retired to “sold and old.” Thanks!