FS: 1984 Stefan Sobell 10-string large-body mandolin

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Jumper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: 1984 Stefan Sobell 10-string large-body mandolin

Post by Jumper »

Indian rosewood back, sides, and headstock veneer, western red cedar carved top, mahogany neck, ebony fingerboard and bridge, bone nut and saddle. Adjustable truss rod. This is a one-owner instrument, completely original, with that prized, clear, bell-like tone of the early Sobell instruments. Amazing, ringing sustain. These instruments rarely come up for sale, don’t miss this opportunity!

Excellent to very good condition: No cracks or repairs. Some pick wear on top, as shown in photos. There is a 1mm ebony shim between the top of the bridge and the saddle to compensate for settlement of the top: this was installed about 20 years ago. A couple of very slight buckle scratches to the finish on the back; these do not penetrate the finish. There is one small ding on the back of the neck just below the nut. This instrument has violin-type purfling, and no bindings front or back. Due to this and the softness of the red cedar top, the outer edges of the soundboard show slight wear. See the photos for details.

Scale length is 14-1/4” (362mm), body width 12-1/2” (316mm), overall length 28” (711mm). Original chrome Schaller mini sealed-gear tuners. This mandolin is currently set up with EADGC tuning.

Includes colorful original hard-shell case.

Serious inquiries only please. Additional high resolution detail photos and audio clip available. Asking US$3,950 plus shipping and insurance. Located in Southern California; tell me your location for a shipping estimate.

Jonathan

Help, Help! I'm being repressed...
Jumper

Re: FS: 1984 Stefan Sobell 10-string large-body mandolin

Post by Jumper »

Still available.
Jonathan

Jumper

Re: FS: 1984 Stefan Sobell 10-string large-body mandolin

Post by Jumper »

I've had a number of interested queries, but the mandolin is still unsold.
Jonathan