Forbes Delrin & Travel Pouch (Keyless D) SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
BlueSalmon
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing flute since I met a flutemaker on Hawaii, when I was eighteen years old. He was hitchhiking, and we picked him up, and he sold me a bamboo flute. I subsequently learned to make bamboo flutes, and have been playing them on and off since then.
I plan to buy my first real Irish flute soon, so that I can participate in a session, so I'm here to to connect, learn and contribute. I've read dozens of threads, so I don't need to ask any basic questions. I know about all the main flutemakers, and have listened to dozens of recordings over and over, so although I haven't played them, I know which I like best and why.
I play many instruments, but love Irish music and the flute has been with me so long, it will always be dear to me.

Forbes Delrin & Travel Pouch (Keyless D) SOLD

Post by BlueSalmon »

Offering a Delrin flute by Rob Forbes, in the Key of D. Comes with a convenient pouch to transport the flute in (velcro closure).
Rob Forbes is in my opinion among very few makers who offer an affordable choice for beginners that sounds how an Irish flute should. I narrowed my list down to Forbes and Somers. Can't go wrong with either.
Has squared embouchure which helps with making the flute sound, which eases learning. It's a delight to play.
$300 with free shipping within US (willing to ship abroad).
Dropbox photos don't appear in post so posting as links:

Flute: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/oz5kb98 ... ol2cj&dl=0

Pouch:https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/e2uum79m ... 4kau&dl=0
BlueSalmon
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing flute since I met a flutemaker on Hawaii, when I was eighteen years old. He was hitchhiking, and we picked him up, and he sold me a bamboo flute. I subsequently learned to make bamboo flutes, and have been playing them on and off since then.
I plan to buy my first real Irish flute soon, so that I can participate in a session, so I'm here to to connect, learn and contribute. I've read dozens of threads, so I don't need to ask any basic questions. I know about all the main flutemakers, and have listened to dozens of recordings over and over, so although I haven't played them, I know which I like best and why.
I play many instruments, but love Irish music and the flute has been with me so long, it will always be dear to me.

Re: Forbes Delrin & Travel Pouch (Keyless D)

Post by BlueSalmon »

Sold