FS: Ralph Sweet Sweetheart 2 Piece Flute (D, rosewood)

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
The Foeux
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I would like to use this site to share my liking for tinnies. Perhaps I will even share some recordings.

FS: Ralph Sweet Sweetheart 2 Piece Flute (D, rosewood)

Post by The Foeux »

Dear Friends,

I bought this as new old stock 4 years ago, knowing it was a very special find, hoping it would help me move to the flutey side of things, not just whistles. Alas it has not. It has lain untooted, well protected in a drawer and before I bought it, I believe it had stayed with the shopkeeper, from new for more than 10 years.

The wood is beautiful, the felt is (unsurprisingly) bright red and as new. The hand inscribed serial number reads '4987' on both headpiece and body. Whilst this number is clear to see, I don't know what it means in terms of age.

A pal who knows flutes assures me it is "A nice'un..."

£200 ono

Based in UK but will happily work together with people from all over if we can reach an arrangement on price.

Cheers,

F

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ronk
Tell us something.: I enjoy playing flutes & whistles. C&F is a great place to learn more about both. It is interesting to find out more about makers, history, techniques and making music with these instruments.

Re: FS: Ralph Sweet Sweetheart 2 Piece Flute (D, rosewood)

Post by Ronk »

[This post shall stand. - Mod]

FYI, I have a Sweetheart 4 keyed flute # 4927 which was made in April of 2006 if that helps date yours.

Ron
The Foeux
Tell us something.: I would like to use this site to share my liking for tinnies. Perhaps I will even share some recordings.

Re: FS: Ralph Sweet Sweetheart 2 Piece Flute (D, rosewood)

Post by The Foeux »

Hello Fred,

#4987 is listed as having been completed in Aug of 1991 but it is a D fife listed with that number, made of Bolivian Rosewood. You write that it is a whistle, and I don't doubt it, but if you might send me a picture?

Best regards

Jos.

Above is from recent correspondence with Musique Morneau who have Ralph Sweet's books.

Bolivian Rosewood, made in 1991.

Very open to any offers as it is shamefully unused.

Thanks,

Fred.