FS/FT: Patkós Uilleann Pipes 1/2 Set in B

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
dyersituations
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS/FT: Patkós Uilleann Pipes 1/2 Set in B

Post by dyersituations »

My Patkós Uilleann pipes 1/2 set in B is looking for a new home. I just got the set back up to playing condition and took the included video and photos. My main set is a concert set that takes all of my attention, so this set hasn't seen much play. I bought them from the maker new at the end of 2015.

Condition: good playing shape, as shown in the video. Comes with working drones reeds and a single working chanter reed. No guarantees on the reeds, since environment affects them, but they are playing well enough for me today here in the Pacific NW. The set originally arrived with a leaky bag, so I sent it back to the maker to be repaired. The bellows were also leaky, so I replaced them with the Hope bellows seen in the photos and video. I had to tweak most of the reeds to behave here, but they are all original Patkós reeds. The screws on a brass piece of the bass drone fell off and the solder was looking old, so I cleaned up the metal. See the close up photo of the large brass pieces of the bass drone. Finally, the original main stock cracked, so I bought a replacement from the maker.

Includes (see photos): B chanter, B drones, 3 drone reeds, 1 chanter reed, 1 Hope bellows

Asking $1700 including shipping to the continental USA. Would consider full or partial trade for flute(s).

VIDEO

Life is good.
dyersituations

Re: FS/FT: Patkós Uilleann Pipes 1/2 Set in B

Post by dyersituations »

BUMP $1600
Life is good.
dyersituations