FS: 9 key Blackwood Reviol flute (with B flat lever)

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Flutern
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

FS: 9 key Blackwood Reviol flute (with B flat lever)

Post by Flutern »

I'm re-advertising this 9 key Reviol in African blackwood with a tulip wood headplug made by Maurice Reviol (serial number: #115). It’s the one that is displayed on Maurice Reviol’s website at the bottom of this page. It comes with a very nice Klawus DeLuxe leather clad case.

This flute has a large bore, large holes and a rectangular embouchure cut. It also has a B flat lever between L2 and L3, like on the clarinet. The flute is in very good condition, it has good volume and intonation and plays well into the third octave. The embouchure is also very forgiving. The keys are really ergonomic: it has a Boehm-style footjoint and G# key, the B flat key has a slight recess so that it can be activated by simply rolling the thumb, and the short Fnat is at a 45° angle, making it easier to slide between D and Fnat when needed. See the photos below.

I bought this flute new from Maurice Reviol in 2011 and paid 4410 NZ$ (about 2500 €) for it at the time. I’m asking for 1700 € + shipping (and paypal fee if you want to use paypal).