WTB: Dixon Trad Brass D whistle (or similar)

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
make_fast
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Learning uilleann pipes, whistle, and occasional backing instruments. Just hacking away and slowly expanding repertoire.

WTB: Dixon Trad Brass D whistle (or similar)

Post by make_fast »

So I decided to finally upgrade my whistle (I have a cheap clarke that has been fine, but it's taken a few dents from the kids playing with it) - did some reading, looked around, and decided on the Dixon DXTrad in Brass...only to find out it has been discontinued. I've tried a few shops around that had them advertised and even emailed dixon but no dice.

I'm sure the nickel whistle is lovely but I prefer the aesthetics of the brass so...if anyone has a DX Trad in Brass in D (or another low-tier but not generation, etc. brass whistle) sitting around collecting dust I am interested!

If not I'll probably roll the dice on buying a generation or feadog.
make_fast
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Learning uilleann pipes, whistle, and occasional backing instruments. Just hacking away and slowly expanding repertoire.

Re: WTB: Dixon Trad Brass D whistle (or similar)

Post by make_fast »

Bump.

Would consider other, similar (in price) brass bodied whistles. Killarney, other Dixons, etc. I'm not really sure what all is out there so send me a message if you have something (but I'm not quite ready/skilled enough for the burke price point yet).