FS: Fiddle, Sweet Shannon flute, Milligan D whistle

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Thomaston
antispam: No

FS: Fiddle, Sweet Shannon flute, Milligan D whistle

Post by Thomaston »

All items below are for sale to help fund a mini-guitar or U-bass for my son so I can start teaching him some basics before he goes to a week-long Rock Band Camp this summer. And maybe even a banjo upgrade for myself if there’s enough left over.

1. I don’t know the maker of this fiddle, but people more knowledgeable than me believe it to be of German origin. There’s a couple of repair notes inside from the 1910’s when some cracks were fixed. So it’s at least 100 years old and spent time in Ohio, where those old repairs occurred. It has a lovely tone and is on the louder side of the spectrum. The figuring on the back is among the nicest I’ve seen on an antique fiddle; it’s reminiscent of tiger strips to my eye. It does best for me with strings on the mellow side of the spectrum. But ymmv, especially if you’re confident enough to really cut through the other instruments.
I paid $500 for it, and have since put close to $300 into it, including:
-Obligato strings
-A nice case
-A spare Giuliani bow
-A humidifier that fits into one of the f holes
-2 mutes (see photo... one covers the entire bridge and the other attaches to the top of the bridge btwn the D and A strings
-Kaplin’s rosin
-Shoulder rest (generic type sold by Amazon)
-A Gelrest pad I’ve placed on the chin rest (it’s exponentially more comfortable than the rest was without it)
-A German Teller bridge that I sanded until it made good contact to the body. Full disclosure: I’ve been told that it needs a bit more sanding on the sides to reduce the overall thickness. I also still have the original bridge and will include it.
*Since I’ve dumped around $300 into this fiddle my asking price is $600, and I’ll split the cost of shipping with the buyer.

2. Walt Sweet Shannon flute in like mint condition. I just don’t have the time to dedicate to maintaining a consistently good embouchure. Would like $225 for this and will cover shipping costs.

3. Gene Milligan high D whistle with cocobolo body and black acetyl polymer (delrin?) head. Brass fittings. This is the quieter of the 2 head options he offers, but is certainly still loud enough for most sessions. Great whistle, but I don’t play mich whistle anymore, and have another I prefer when I do play. Asking $120 with shipping included in the cost.

Please PM me through here if you’re interested in any of the above. Continental US sale only, please. I prefer PayPal for payment. And anyone that buys from me will be given a testing/grace period of 48 hours from the time it’s in your hands. If you decide it’s not for you I’ll refund your money, but you’ll be responsible for 100% of the return shipping cost.

Pictures can be seen in my Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T6QyJj ... p=drivesdk
Thomaston
antispam: No

Re: FS: Fiddle, Sweet Shannon flute, Milligan D whistle

Post by Thomaston »

Bump... and dropping the Shannon to $200.