Rudall Rose and Carte and Co. #6078 SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Rudall Rose and Carte and Co. #6078 SOLD

Post by Casey Burns »

I need this flute for about another month and then I am ready to part with it. This is a lovely and well playing cocuswood Rudall Rose and Carte and Co. eight key flute (#6078) with a standard head, pewter plugged keys on the foot, in great condition. I have left the original patina of age on the silverwork. The head joint is good except for a rambling wood-grain following check on the side of the head facing away from the face (90 degrees to the embouchure). It simply needs to be filled and sealed which I might do or defer to someone with more experience. The keys all function although the two foot joint keys are a little tight in their mortices - this is something I plan to fix. The case is a Rudall Rose case for another flute that probably got auctioned at the same time (my friend who I bought this from got this is 1979, 1980 or 1981) but everything fits fine. I'll have more data on this flute soon including photos.

I would like to receive $3500 for this flute firm so no offers below that amount. I need to pay for a large purchase of blackwood and boxwood and just got dinged with $1200 of unexpected car repairs this morning.

I can ship it anywhere though if I ship it out of the US I will have to send it in two packages as there is a $2500 limit per package. The $3500 cost does not include shipping.

Let me know if interested by PM or by email. Most of you know how to reach me and email is preferred.

Casey
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Rudall Rose and Carte and Co. #6078

Post by Casey Burns »

Sold.