FS: Glenn Watson 6 Key Flute in Boxwood

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

FS: Glenn Watson 6 Key Flute in Boxwood

Post by Loren »

Glenn Watson Boxwood flute with 6 silver keys. I’ve debated a long time about letting this flute go, but some while back I had to change my grip due to injuries and now I can’t really play a standard keyed flute any more, so I’m finally parting with this really wonderful flute. Here are some details:

This flute is Thin and LIGHT. This is lightest keyed flute I’ve ever run across, surprisingly so. It’s also a very slim flute and is well balanced, so the combination of these factors makes this flute super comfortable to hold and play. Perhaps this might not be the case if you have very large hands or just prefer a chunky/heavy flute, in that event this probably wouldn’t be the flute for you. For most others, it’s a joy.

The Watson is very well made. Keys are nicely done and operate well. I find the flute plays easily, with very good intonation, a strong bottom end, and an easy 2nd octave. It has lovely warm Boxwood tone but still has very good volume and projection. It’s a flute with no real weaknesses, and many charms, I will be very sorry to it go.

Flute does include the original wood hard case that Glenn made for it. I will try to get some photos up this week.

$2400. USD, includes shipping and insurance here in the CONUS.