FS:Coyote Oldman Prayer Rock "A" Flute (Anasazi/Basketmaker)

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Hi4head
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just recently I’ve begun playing a transverse flute. I’m wanting to learn more about simple system flutes and playing.

FS:Coyote Oldman Prayer Rock "A" Flute (Anasazi/Basketmaker)

Post by Hi4head »

For sale is one of my beloved Coyote Oldman flutes. This one is from what Michael Allen (MGA) calls his Prayer Rock series (aka Anasazi or Basketmaker tuning). I am asking $350 for this flute including shipping in the USA. While I have played it extensively, it is still in Like New condition.

Follow the link to my website with photos of this flute. https://www.naturallycast.com/mga-flute

To my eyes, this is one of the nicest looking flutes that I've seen of Michael's. Looks are nice, but it also has to sound great, which this flute does. For a while, Michael was making two series of flutes with the Anasazi tuning; the Prayer Rock series, and a more expensive Heaven & Earth series. One of the differences between the flutes of the two series is the that Heaven & Earth incorporated what he called a slight parabolic taper in the flute. This taper enhanced the playability and the sound (at least Michael thought so). Prior to his accident he began incorporating the taper from the Heaven & Earth series into the Prayer Rock flutes. This is one of those Prayer Rocks. It was finished for me in July 2016.

These come up very rarely for sale and are considered collector's items. (Note: I'm holding onto my Carved Cicada and large G Desert flutes.) I'm selling this Prayer Rock since I've begun migrating over to Irish Flutes. I still play my Ancestral Puebloan flutes, but tend to now gravitate to ones that I've made. To me, this is just too nice of a flute to be sitting in a stand!

I'm willing to demonstrate this flute via Skype or over the phone for those with serious interest.

Chris
Hi4head
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just recently I’ve begun playing a transverse flute. I’m wanting to learn more about simple system flutes and playing.

Re: FS:Coyote Oldman Prayer Rock "A" Flute SOLD

Post by Hi4head »

Sold