FS: Musique Morneaux "D" Flute Maple (former Sweetheart)

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Hi4head
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just recently I’ve begun playing a transverse flute. I’m wanting to learn more about simple system flutes and playing.

FS: Musique Morneaux "D" Flute Maple (former Sweetheart)

Post by Hi4head »

For sale is a mint condition flute in D made by Musique Morneaux in maple. Priced at $275 plus shipping. (I paid $350 + shipping.)

See photos here. https://www.naturallycast.com/other-stuff

As you may be able to see in the photos, there are no scratches, dents, dings, etc on the flute. The head section is slightly darker than the body and the head features incredible tiger striping. (it is beautiful)

I purchased this flute direct from the maker in September 2018 as my first Irish flute. Unfortunately, due to the in-line tone holes, my left wrist hurts when I play (probably due to the cysts in my left wrist). I've found that I can play comfortably with left hand holes ergonomically arranged. This is the only reason that I am selling this flute. I find it a joy in the hand; very light weight with nice feel (resonation). This flute can be for a right or left handed player; but to get the benefit of the cutaway, it should be played right handed.

Joseph Morneault was the primary flute maker during the last several years that Sweetheart Flutes was in existance. When Ralph Sweet retired, Joseph took over the business in the same shop under the new name. This flute is his "New Model" flute which incorporated feedback from many respected flute performers to improve the company's former Resonance model. It features several modifications including slight changes to the embouchure, tone holes, and a cutaway section adjacent to the embouchure hole opposite the player to aid cleaner high notes while still being able to get husky notes. (The cutaway can be seen in the photos.) This flute has been properly broken-in and oiled.

Thanks for looking.
Chris
Hi4head
Tell us something.: Just recently I’ve begun playing a transverse flute. I’m wanting to learn more about simple system flutes and playing.

Re: FS: Musique Morneaux "D" Flute Maple (former Sweetheart)

Post by Hi4head »

Now includes free shipping within the continental USA!
Hi4head

Re: FS: Musique Morneaux "D" Flute Maple — Reduced Price

Post by Hi4head »

Now $250 including shipping in the USA for this very nice and very light weight flute.