Sweetheart Blackwood F flute - Europe

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
ChrisCracknell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Sweetheart Blackwood F flute - Europe

Post by ChrisCracknell »

Hello all,

due to further flute purchasing (another F), I am now looking to sell my keyless Sweetheart F flute in Blackwood with metal (silver?) rings. I bought it about 10 years ago directly from Sweetheart flutes over the then online shop. Joseph Morneaux has confirmed that the flute, according to the serial number, would have been made by Ralph. It has a squiggly "m" and "2518" plus a capital "F" on the main body section. The flute looks exactly like those on the Musique Morneaux (Sweetheart flutes' successor) website, in two parts, except that it is in blackwood which is no longer offered as an option. The equivalent, new in Mopane, is priced at $490. The blackwood looks to have been sealed by some kind of hardening finish (PU?)

The flute has an added C (actually EFlat on this flute) thumb hole - as discussed elsewhere on the flute forum, you can either play with this, keep it closed with your thumb and play as standard, or take up various options to close off the hole permanently.

There is no tuning slide,but the top tenon is long and stable enough to tune to 440Hz for me easily with it about 4 to 5mm pulled out.

There is no case with the flute - I have kept it in a cloth roll.

Blackwood restrictions mean that I am only really able to sell the flute within the EU. Unless someone were to buy it from me, pick it up at some kind of rendezvous (sadly, I am not going to make it to Cruinniu this year...) and then carry it out of the EU as their personal possession, which, as I understand it, would be legal?

You might want to play an F Flute for the following reasons:
1. An F flute is more responsive than a D flute. They are fun to play and carry well outside, e.g. for busking.
2. If you play together with people who live in the world of music with flats, then an F flute gives you options to play along while remaining keyless. e.g. with pipes in G minor, Clarinet in Bflat. etc. e.g. if a BFlat clarinet plays something in C as written and you play it _as if_ on a G flute then you will have all the notes of the main scale. Easily played keys include F, D minor, BFlat, G minor/Mix. To be honest, for me, with the company I keep, mostly G Mixolydian.

The flute is fun to play and I have done so a fair amount, mainly for reason 2 above. I am selling because I have bought another F flute which I like even better.

The price is 250€ plus P&P which I estimate at about 15€. I can send within the EU on receipt of payment. The flute can be tried out in Hamburg or at any other occasion where I know to bring it in advance. I don't know yet my festival/workshop plans for this year though.

'bye,

Chris.