Keyless Olwell "Nicholson" flute for sale (UPDATED) SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
SteveB
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flute player. I play ITM pretty much exclusively. Like to browse and occasionally post on flute related discussions

Keyless Olwell "Nicholson" flute for sale (UPDATED) SOLD

Post by SteveB »

Hi,

I am selling a keyless blackwood Olwell flute (it's the medium holed Nicholson model). I bought it about 5 years ago from a woman who had advertised it on this site, whom I believe was the original owner. It is a great flute in fine condition, no cracks or other issues. The numbers "00" and "1078" are stamped on the end of the head joint, under the end-cap. It comes with a hard leather-bound case (a "Northwind" case, I think).

Note that this flute is unique for an Olwell in that it has "ergonomically offset" tone holes. The top hole (L1) is offset a few degrees away from the player, the bottom hole (R3) a few degrees toward, and the rest appear to be in-line. The effect is quite slight. I never found that this affected my playing or required me to adjust my grip. In fact, I wasn't aware of the offsets when I bought the flute and didn't even notice them until after a few days of playing. But I assume that they would benefit someone with smaller and/or less flexible hands.

I am asking $1,500 US (plus shipping cost), which is what I recall that I paid for it. Please PM me if interested.

thanks,

Steve

UPDATE: Another board member PM'ed to remind me of the CITES II restrictions on international shipping of a blackwood flute. In light of this, I'll have to limit the sale to buyers who want shipping to a Canadian address or who can come pick up the flute in person (I'm located in Toronto).
SteveB
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flute player. I play ITM pretty much exclusively. Like to browse and occasionally post on flute related discussions

Re: Keyless Olwell "Nicholson" flute for sale (SOLD)

Post by SteveB »

The flute is spoken for.

thanks,

SteveB