FS in US: Serial Number 83 High D Oz Whistle in Cocobolo

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Banjobilly
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Trying to capably ride a pair of DG button boxes, a Low D whistle and pair of D flutes. Based in Michigan, primarily oriented to old time string band music since the 1970s.

FS in US: Serial Number 83 High D Oz Whistle in Cocobolo

Post by Banjobilly »

Hi All:

Neither my wife nor I have ever deserved this beautiful Oz whistle in High D cocobolo. I'm not sure how old serial number 83-obviously one of the earlier ones. We had bought it from a more capable piper about three years ago who recognized that it needed a more deserving home.

Mr. Oz no longer offers these whistles in either Blackwood or Cocobolo due to CITES intl. shipping restrictions. We've been very good about keeping it humidified and BoreDoctored every six months or so. I just see a few minor metal scratches on the inside of the brass tuning slide. Comes with one of the little Oz "crate" boxes. Please email me if you want me to email photos-I can't figure out how to do so on this site.

It looks on the Oz website as if these were last going for $600 AUD (when they were last available). Not really sure what I had bought this for in 2015 but am now asking for $450.00 USD or best offer per PayPal plus secure 2-3-day USPS or UPS shipping costs (prob. about $25.00). We would observe a one-week return policy if purchaser was not happy for some reason. Continental US sale only since international shipping of blackwood and cocobolo items has gotten to be so dicey.
Thanks, Bill

corser@msu.edu