FS: Olwell Pratten Keyless Blackwood, Silver-lined Head SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Rob Sharer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Either NC, Co. Clare, or Freiburg i.B., depending...

FS: Olwell Pratten Keyless Blackwood, Silver-lined Head SOLD

Post by Rob Sharer »

Hi All,

I’ve decided to part with my Olwell Pratten, which I’ve owned and played for many years.

I originally acquired the center section from Aaron while we were both living in Clare. It contains the only remaining piece of the famous I-29 flute, if you’ve ever heard that story. Full details to be provided to the purchaser - this flute is full of stories. Main tenon has been reinforced with a spun-over silver ring.

The headjoint once belonged to David Levine, and features a lovely streak of sapwood. I acquired it and the footjoint from Patrick upon my return to the States, and all parts have been properly mated up and re-tuned to be a proper stand-alone flute.

Sound-wise, it’s a cannon. The footjoint is wide enough to produce that cracking low D, while being narrow enough to allow a sweet second octave. The F# sounding-hole is extra large, making half-holing Fnat a breeze. It’s the flute I used to record the Monaghan Jig in my signature line, so have a listen.

$1875 shipped in the continental US, including a Cavallaro flute roll. International shipping by separate treaty.

Thanks,
Rob
Rob Sharer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Either NC, Co. Clare, or Freiburg i.B., depending...

Re: FS: Olwell Pratten Keyless, Blackwood w/Silver-lined Hea

Post by Rob Sharer »

Sold.

R